- Wild: It’s is very weird to see the likes of Mammuthus steincaput nearby the dinosaurs.
- Domesticated: It’s very arduous for you to tame a beast like Mammoth. This is not because they are stubborn, but it could take you everlasting if you try to defeat one Mammoth. After being domesticated, you don’t need to break those Mammoths to uproot trees; it’s all in their ability!
- Known Information: The Mammoths can reach higher than most of other creatures living on the island. They probably won’t scare anything, except for the Tyrannosaurus. The Mammoths can develop in such colder locations. Nothing can be sure about how the herds of these creatures can search for enough plant life for grazing. They probably have to travel from the mountains to other ones for finding food.
Mammoths are herd animals, meaning that if one gets attacked, any other nearby Mammoths come charging in and start attacking what attacked them. If you attacked one by accident, and you don’t want to fight just run a few meters, they will stop chasing you after just a few seconds.
The Mammoth is a large, furry mammal that can be found wandering around the sides or bases of mountains. Out of its proud skull grows a kind of hair cap, like a crown. Its distinctive tusks, unlike the still living elephant species, are clearly spirally turned upwards, with the pointed ends facing each other. In addition, the tusks have two smaller, forward-facing tusks.
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
1: Base Damage is expressed here instead of the percentage.
2: The domesticated base percentage is illustrated here – wild dinosaurs will not advance the movement speed
3: Torpor will develop for each level on the wild animals, however, after being domesticated, it won’t be developed more.
|Kibble (Raptor Egg)||14||0||0||00:23:31|
|Kibble (Raptor Egg)||25||0||0||00:41:59|
|Kibble (Raptor Egg)||44||47||10||01:13:53|
|Kibble (Raptor Egg)||60||162||33||01:40:45|
|Kibble (Raptor Egg)||75||322||65||02:05:56|
|Kibble (Raptor Egg)||88||499||100||02:27:45|
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies!
For a level dependent count of resources needed you can use an external taming calculator like crumplecorn.com or ark-survival.net
The Mammoths are very slow! If you utilize the caution when domesticating a Mammoth as the area where they spawn, you will mess up with the creatures that want to destroy you
- Gatherer: It is extremely good at collecting materials. This is the only animal that can collect wood (Damage, Weight, and Stamina)
- Tank: It has very high base health, especially when it suffers none of the size or the speed problems. (Health and Damage)
- Transport: It’s kinda speedy for the size, and it has an ability to carry and transport the items at short distances fast or bigger distances. (Weight, Stamina, and Speed)
- Damage: it’s very excellent in AOE damage, the Mammoth is very good at dispatching various diminutive enemies. (Damage and Health)
- The name of this creature “steincaput” is considered as a compound term consisted of the German word and the Latin word. That word means “Stone head.”
- The Mammoths need a Behemoth Gateway.
- A Quetzal can pick it up