The Doedicurus (dee-dik-YOO-russ) is one of the Mammals living in ARK: Survival Evolved.
- Wild: Doedicurus Custosaxum is a herbivore appearing on the island. You can see them on mountains or grasslands. This creature is extremely big and well-armored with a supply of fat under the plates to keep warm and fed when the cold comes. Doedicurus always show its good reaction to the dangers of the island, better than the Ankylosaurus.
- Domesticated: Doedicurus can be used to for the activities on the island. The spiked tail of it is great to smash the big rocks faster. Therefore, Doedicurus is an excellent worker. And if it gets attacked, the Doedicurus-Riders will have a tough- to- kill mount.
- Known Information: Doedicurus has two discrepant reactions to predators. It will use the spiked tail to attack the smaller enemies, and pull its tail to create a solid armored ball to pierce the bigger foes.
Doedicurus will use its protected shell to roll in if being assaulted close so that it won’t take any damage.
Doedicurus has a small size, around 3-4 meters in length and 1- 2 meters high. This creature can be a difficult target on the island because of its thick external shell and club like tail. It can safeguard itself from packs of Sabertooths. When being at risk, it can be a ball which is just like a hedgehog.
- Raw Meat
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
*the absolute base damage is expressed here instead of 100%
Doedicurus likes to eat the Advanced Crops (Citronal, Savoroot, Longrass, and Rockarrot) more than berries when being domesticated. If there is no developed crop, then it will prefers Mejoberries over other berries.
These values are for optimum situations, always bring additional supplies!
You can select an outer taming calculator like crumplecorn.com or ark-survival.net to check out a level dependent count of resources required.
Because of the high torpor stat, it’s very tough to defeat Doedicurus, and be able to beat a big number of Tranquilizer Arrows.
- Doedicurus will collect stone when it walks around or when this creature sees stone in the surrounding area.
- Doedicurus swim very fast. You won’t be able to roll or assault while swimming, and then you have to stop rolling when stepping into the deep water.
- While being below a certain health threshold, the creature will curl up and neglect the commands. When you ride a Doedicurus, you can reverse its desire to hide.
- There will be several ATVs that goes to Doedicurus, because of their capability to roll at high speed, great swimming skills and scale big rocks easily.
You can tap ‘Alt Fire RMB for rolling instead of running while you ride a Doedicurus. When you roll, you can’t toggle running and you can’t switch the direction. Just tap ‘Alt Fire’ RMB one more time to stop rolling.
- Doedicurus was attached to the game in version 202.0 on August 25th, 2015.
- Dino Dossier exposed on 07/08/2015.
- Doedicurus are capable of rolling up into a ball and roll around, even there is a rider on its back. Doedicurus custosaxum translates to “Pestle-tailed stone warden”
- ark doedicurus taming
- doedicurus ark
- ark survival evolved doedicurus taming
- doedicurus ark taming
- ark tame doedicurus