The Dodo is one of friendly creatures coming from ARK: Survival Evolved. It can be used as “chicken” meat and this animal generates lots of eggs that the survivors can absorb.
- Wild: Dodo Bird is probably the most stupid creature in ARK game. It walks around the beaches and pick berries from the bushes to absorb, or it can be eaten by other aggressive carnivores.
- Domesticated: You don’t need to tame Dodo Bird. It’s just a normal and stupid beast, and it won’t generate too much food.
- Known Information: Dodo’s subspecies increased cleverly to assist itself. They copulate all the time. They get complete adulthood during a week of being born.
Dodos are considered as the chickens appearing in ARK world. They totter around at bad movement speed and have no intentions. When being assaulted, it won’t fight back, but try to escape instead. But if someone loots an egg of Dodo, it will assault.
Dodos have discrepant colors
You can add other colors that you have seen
- Raw Meat
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
*The absolute Base Damage is expressed here instead of the percentage (always 100% at Level 1).
|: × 2; × 1 Bow, × 1 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 00:01:38|
|: × 3; × 1 Bow, × 1 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 00:02:36|
|: × 5; × 2 Bow, × 1 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 00:03:26|
|: × 7; × 2 Bow, × 2 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 00:03:50|
|: × 9; × 3 Bow, × 2 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 00:04:06|
|: × 11; × 3 Bow, × 2 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 00:04:15|
These values are for optimum situations, always bring additional supplies!
You can utilize an outer taming calculator like crumplecorn.com or ark-survival.net to explore a level dependent count of resources required.
- Mejoberry : 10-30
- Citronal : 10-30 
You can domesticate Dodos easily by just using your fists or a slingshot to the head to defeat them down.
- Dodo produces a lot of eggs. Therefore, some tribes usually create Dodo farms in which they put tamed Dodos to gather the eggs they lay.
- There is a mistake of giving a name to this species as “Raphus lazarus” under the Domesticated section in the Dodo’s dossier
- According to the dossier, they are unaware. However, the island they are living didn’t have any natural predators. Therefore, they had no clue on how to react to a hunter.
- You can’t ride on Dodo, but you can find a saddle in their inventory.
- They have a bad movement speed; it’s tough for them to move around. But their swimming speed is kind of good to cover the bigger distances faster. You can pick them up to move them.
- The mate boost doesn’t need to have male: female ratio. If you have 10 females with just one male, you still can get eggs from them.