The Dilophosaurus(dye-LO-fuh-SAWR-us) is one of the species of dinosaurs turning up in ARK: Survival Evolved.
- Wild: Dilophosaurus sputatrix is considered as a weird creature. When standing, its size is just over half of known Dilophosaurs, and usually escape from assaulters when getting involved in a battles with them.
- Domesticated: Dilophosaurus is sometimes known as “guard dogs” due to their high-pitched cry and capability to assault the trespassers from distance. And they won’t be appropriate as mounts because of the diminutive size.
- Known Information: Dilophosaurus sputatrix has several characteristics which are slightly different from the Dilophosaurus genus. They can be utilized to lure the mates and threaten preys. Dilophosaurus sputatrix usually spit venom to enfeeble and paralyze the prey prior or to killing it instead of assaulting it completely.
Dilophosaurus have a diminutive nuisance range, but if you provoke it, it will generate perilous attacks in such a short period, and also blind you with ranged poison. Dilophosaurus will not assault other dinosaurs, except Parasaurs and Pteranodons and Dodos. Instead, this creature will hunt for the killed dinosaurs and absorb the meat for the dead bodies.
Dilos has lots of colors
Dark-Green, Red, Black
Yellow, Orange, Red
- Raw Meat
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
*The absolute Base Damage is expressed here instead of the percentage (always 100% at Level 1).
These values are for optimum situations, always has additional supplies.
You can utilize this outer calculator Taming Calculator by ark-survival.net to check out a level dependent count of resources required.
You can use a slingshot to defeat and make the Dilophosaur senseless when taming it. Just only two or three hits, Dilophosaur will get doomed, and its health will be reduced to over half.
- 2 – 5 Tranquilizer Arrows
- You can’t ride on Dilophosaurs, but they have the capability to carry items, and the base weight for carrying is around 50.
- The venom of Dilophosaurus will reduce speed of other dinosaurs, by that means, they will wipe out the fast moving animals or escape from perilous creatures.
- You can kill Dilophosaurus easily and use it as a source of food in serious situations.
- An update says that Dilophosaurus will release Nerdry Glasses, which references ‘Dennis Nedry’ from “Jurassic Park.”
- ARK game uses the eyesight of Jurassic Park of the dinosaur, a little venom that spits theropod dinosaur. Dilophosaurus was such a theropod that can be able to get to 20 feet ( 6 meters) in length in reality. Plus, no scientific evidence indicates that this creature can fire venom or they were extremely poisonous.
- The name of the Dilophosaur is originated from the Greek, the word di (δι) which means “two”, lophos (λόφος) means “crest”, and sauros (σαυρος) means “lizard”; so full meaning will be “two-crested lizard”.