The Coelacanth (see-lə-kanth) is a type of Creature appearing in ARK Survival Evolved.
- Wild: Coelacanth nutritia is a creature along with a relative that can be found to get back home. It lives primarily in the water around the island and rivers, or lakes throughout the island. Different from most of Coelacanth, the meat of Coelacanth nutritia holds less oil and urea. Actually, this is one of the healthiest sources of meat that can be found on the island.
- Domesticated: While you can’t domesticate Coelacanths using the way just like you do to other creatures on the island, they can still give a possible source of meat for the coastal tribes having time to get them.
- Known Information: Most Coelacanths are opportunistic eaters that can absorb anything smaller than itself, including little water snakes, insect and plant life, and probably more.
The Coelacant will not usually swim around until it is provoked. At that time, they will start swimming away from the enemies.
Coelacanths have multiple colors, for instance purple, blue, green, yellow, red, and grey.
Including but not limited to, purple, blue, green, yellow, red, and grey. Observed forms include:
- Dark purple body along with light teal fins
- Dark purple body along with light purple fins
- Purple body along with black markings
- Purple body along with black markings as well as light teal fins
- Purple body and black markings as well as green fins
- Blue and black markings as well as blue-teal fins
- Yellow body along with black markings
- Yellow body along with black markings and white fins
- Red body together with black markings
- Red body and black markings as well as pink fins
- Red body together with black markings and orange fins
- Dark green body with black markings and pink fins
- Grey body along with rust red markings and off-white fins
- Off-white body and grey markings
- 3-5 Raw Meat
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
*The absolute Base Damage is illustrated here instead of the percentage (always 100% at Level 1).
- With Coelacanth, you can obtain raw meat easily if you need. They won’t deliver hide.
- The amount of meat you get from Coelacanths will totally count on how much melee damage % you slayed on yourself or your creature.
- In the patch v180.0 , when using a spear to kill a Coelacanth or Piranha, the fish is grabbed immediately so you can stay away from the water.
- Together with the Dung Beetle and Electrophorus, the Coelacanth is one of three creatures existing in Ark now.