|Saddle:||Carno Saddle (Lvl. 50)|
The Carnotaurus (kahrn-uh-TAWR-us), or simply known as Carno, is a type of Dinosaur in ARK: Survival Evolved.
- Wild: Carnotaurus pressor is considered as a medium and big predator living on flat clear ground mostly, in which it can gain speed. Plus, it probably doesn’t worry about sprinting from bigger predators instead of battling
- Domesticated: Carnotaurus plays a special role, it is kind of bigger and as quick as a Raptor, smaller but faster than a Tyrannosaurus
- Known Information: Carnotaurus’s horns probably are utilized more for battling the Carnotauri than hunting, but this doesn’t mean the horns are not perilous. They can disembowel bigger prey. If the Tyrannosaurusis is called the “Lion” of the island, then Carnotaurus is considered as the “cheetah”. The actual risk of this creature is not capable of fleeing it when it sees you.
- The real threat of a Carnotaurus is not being able to escape it once it sees you. If it weren’t for the long down-time of the creature after running, it might be one of the most balanced mounts.
They can assault anything within their sight, they have a quite big aggravation range. But they probably concentrate on the dinosaurs more than players.
The Carnotaurus is around twice the size of a Raptor. With the big head, long tail and diminutive arms, all of those features make it look like a small Rex, along wth two forward-facing horns on his head.
Color Scheme Body – Light Green, Grey, Tan, Red, Orange or Light Brown
Under Belly/Tail Stripes – Grey, Green, or Red
Back – Grey , White or Black
- Raw Meat
- Raw Prime Meat
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
*The absolute Base Damage is indicated here instead of the percentage (always 100% at Level 1).
Level 1 – Level 90
It takes you around 1 hour 30 minutes to 8 hours 15 minutes to domesticate a Carnotaurus, counting on the level of animal and your taming strategy.
• 200 – 1300 Narcoberry
• 40 – 250 Narcotic
• 15-100 Kibble (Ankylo Egg)
Meat by Preference
High to Low
- 14-100Kibble (Ankylo Egg)
- 20-105 Raw Prime Meat
- 28-147 Cooked Prime Meat & Prime Meat Jerky
- 42-220 Raw Meat
- 84-440 Cooked Meat Jerky
These are estimations, always have additional supplies!
For a customized count of resources needed, utilize this Taming Calculator by Ark-Survival.com. Choose your target animal & its level.
You should look out if you confront with these creatures. They are strong enough to knock you out. The great way that you could use is a Scorpion and/or Tranquilizer Arrows. But if you don’t have those things, a Slingshot is the only left for you to perform trick. You should aim at the head to get better results.
- 4 – 52 Tranquilizer Arrows if used properly.
- Damage: This is a great base damage and wonderful at coming after the prey for short distances. (Level up in Damage, Stamina, and some Speed)
- Transport: It has average endurance and can carry capacity well. You can use it for local and semi-local transport. (Level up in Weight, Speed, and Stamina)
- Hunter: They are extremely good at collecting meat. (Level up in Damage, Speed, and Weight)
- Raw Meat
- Raw Prime Meat
- The Carnotaurus that is described in the dossier has longer arms than the ones in the game, which has stubby forelimbs laying flush against the body. Some players assume that the author has been mistakenly draw it.
- Base Damage for a Carnotaurus has been increased from 30 to 50 in patch v173.0
- The name Carnotaurus is translated from Latin into “flesh-eating bull”.
- The in-game speed of Carnotaurus is reasonable; there is a test of the flexibility of hip and tail structures of fossils which specifies that this creature probably have not been the quickest theropod. But they had diminutive expaxial muscles that needed the caudal ribs to bear ahead and interconnect with each other as well as the pelvis decreasing tail flexibility, turning into the tough Carnotaurus for making turns.