|Saddle:||Argentavis Saddle (Lvl. 55)|
The Argentavis (Ar-jen-tay-vis) is a type of Bird in ARK Survival Evolved.
- Wild: Being a captain of the skies throughout the island, Argentavis Atrocollum has several aerial opponents. It is a little comfort for other avian Creatures of the island. Argentavis seems to be fond of something alive. They are not into animals, but they will assault any human beings in their sight.
- Domesticated: Surprisingly, Argentavis is slower than the usual Pteranodon a lot. But the Stamina will make up for that drawback significantly, it can also withstand the flight for around three times as long. This feature turns them into the best creature living on the island for using travelling or carrying over long distances.
- Known Information: Argentavis doesn’t have the stooped neck of the modern buzzards and vultures. We had no clue that if it adapted the powerful neck to handle with the enemies on the island, or if its ancestry comes from prior to the stooped neck became usual in carrion-eating birds.
Argentavis is extremely intimidating, and it will assault you if you approach too close. This is such a voracious creature that is willing to come after the survivors for long distances due to being within its sight. This creature is a scavenger; the corpses will draw their attention, even if they are far away!
Argentavis is just like a vulture that has a sharp beak, diminutive eyes, imposing wings and the feet with long talons.
Argentavis appears in various colors, including brown, red, or grey shades.
The body, back, crest, tail, wing tips, and feet can have one of these colors (in discrepant mixtures)
The color list is probably not done yet, or partly inaccurate. Just add other colors if you have already seen!
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
*The absolute Base Damage is expressed here instead of the percentage (always 100% at Level 1).
Level 1 – Level 90
|Kibble (Stego Egg)||6||0||0||00:21:36|
|Raw Prime Meat||14||0||0||00:31:31|
|: × 26; × 7 Bow, × 4 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 00:32:44|
|Kibble (Stego Egg)||10||0||0||00:35:59|
|Raw Prime Meat||27||26||6||01:00:46|
|: × 15 Bow, × 9 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 00:52:18|
|Kibble (Stego Egg)||18||0||0||01:04:46|
|Raw Prime Meat||47||159||32||01:45:46|
|: 27 Bow, × 16 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 01:08:46|
|Kibble (Stego Egg)||24||52||11||01:26:21|
|Raw Prime Meat||64||359||72||02:24:01|
|: 37 Bow, × 21 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 01:16:41|
|Kibble (Stego Egg)||30||165||33||01:47:56|
|Raw Prime Meat||80||622||125||03:00:01|
|: 47 Bow, × 27 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 01:22:03|
|Kibble (Stego Egg)||35||292||59||02:05:56|
|Raw Prime Meat||94||905||181||03:31:31|
|: 55 Bow, × 32 Crossbow|
|Torpor-depletion:, time until all torpor is depleted: 01:25:14|
It can take you between 1h 34 min – 6hr 20min to domesticate an Argentavis, which counts on the level of animal and your taming strategy.
- 196 – 1335 Narcoberry
- 37 – 251 Narcotic
- 15 – 35 Kibble (Stego Egg)
Meat by Preference
High to Low
- 21-105 Raw Prime Meat
- 28-147 Cooked Prime Meat & Prime Meat Jerky
- 42-220 Raw Meat
- 84-440 Cooked Meat Jerky
These are estimations, always bring additional supplies!
For an adjusted count of resources needed, use this Taming Calculator by Ark-Survival.com. Choose your target animal & its level.
They are not quick just like the Pteranodon , but they will assault you. It’s fairly simple to wipe them out using Tranquilizer arrows. Watch out for the surrounding creatures, Argentavis probably will spawn on mountains.
- 10 – 20 Tranquilizer Arrows
- Damage: High damage output. (Level up in Damage, Stamina, and Health)
- Transport: Extremely good for long distance haulage. (Level up in Weight, Speed, and Stamina)
- Flying Mount: Slowe than the pteradon but much longer in the wing. (Level up in Speed and Stamina)
- Player Killer: It can snatch the players off mounts or off the ground, and it can release them from a great height. (Level up in Stamina, Health, and Speed)
- Raw Meat
- Raw Prime Meat
Argentavis has similar controls to the move on the ground level with several exceptions:
- It merely moves ahead when giving it a command. If you don’t give it any command, it will finally stand and hover in mid-air. Argentavis will lost a little bit stamina if it does not move.
- You are capable of flying for longer time if you give Stimberry or Stimulant to Argentavis. However, increasing stamina is kind of slight and ineffective
- If you want to complete landing, just try to move close to the ground, you can utilize the assigned inverse command. You will get off, and then the Argentavis will land, and stroll for a short distance prior to resting. Fulfilling the All Stop Following whistle once getting off through spacebar, you can finally make this creature stop instantly.
Note: For the tamed and untouched Argentavis won’t lose any stamina while running to catch a player who is running or ridding another creature.
Argentavis can carry diminutive creatures; you can use the alt-fire button (default: right click)
Its legs will be oscillated forward in an animation which is similar to the assault. If this lunge was effective, you can witness the creature being tugged behind the Aregntavis. This is extremely great for dividing a diminutive, high-level animal like a raptor coming from a pack, and then you can tame it easily.
Argentavis can carry and assault other creatures by utilizing the default assault button, or drop them by tapping alt-fire one more time. The creature that is being carried is not able to assault the Argentavis.
On PVE servers now, the wild creatures probably are not taken up to stop griefing
The Argentavis can carry the following creatures:
- Prior to the version 176.0, Argentavis could actually regenerate stamina mid-flight. It could totally stop flying forward and wait a little bit to replenish the stamina.
- After 175.0. this creature can carry players and dinosaurs as well. The Pteranodon was the only flying bird having this capability prior to 175.0
- There is a typo founded in the dossier sayings “to best creatures” rather than “the best creatures”.
- Argentavis is kind of sensitive to headshots, it often falls after 1-5 shots when using a ranged weapon counting on level.
- Ant Soliders and Dragonflies will attack tamed Argentavis without any hesitancy citation needed.
- ark argentavis
- argentavis ark
- argentavis taming
- argentavis locations on the island
- ark argentavis how to move small dino to be carried in beak
- ark argentavis how to move small sino to be carried in beak